We had so much fun making these cookies. We made them with grandma and I think they came out so cute.
IngredientsNote to self: the number of cookies you'll end up with will depend on the size of cookie cutters you use, also on the amount of cookie dough your family eats out of the bowl while you are trying to make said cookies. Don't chill the dough
1 cup salted organic butter, (it helps if you take the butter out of the fridge before you have to put it in the mixer)
1 cup organic sugar
1 large organic egg
1 tsp. Pure Vanilla extract
½ tsp. another extract of your choice (you can use almond but I don't like the taste so I just use more vanilla or lemon extract)
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
3 cups Organic flour
Instructions1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar together on medium speed for 1 minute.....or 2.
3. On medium speed, beat in the egg, vanilla, the other extract of your choice, baking powder and salt.
4. Add flour to the mix 1 cup at a time, beating until combined after each cup that you add.
5. Divide your dough into two balls. Lightly flour your rolling pin so it will not stick. Roll your dough to about 1/4" on a piece of parchment paper and use cookie cutters to cut your cookies.
6. Line cookie sheets with clean parchment. Place cookies on parchment and bake at 350 F. for 6-8 minutes depending on your oven.
7. Remove parchment from pan and allow cookies to cool.
DO NOT DISTURB the cookies until they cool and set (Cheyenne).
For the icing, we used 1 cup of organic powdered sugar and 4 tsp of milk or lemon juice for lemon flavored icing. We used plant based food coloring to make the colors.