I have been wanting some of these cookie stamps and Cheyenne and Mrs. Cottage gave some to me for my birthday and I was so excited. I was able to use them for my drama class and everyone thought they were adorable! I agree with them. What do you think?
1 cup salted organic butter, (it helps if you take the butter out of the fridge before you have to put it in the mixer)
1 cup organic sugar
1 large organic egg
1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
½ tsp. another extract of your choice (you can use almond but I don't like the taste so I just use more vanilla or lemon extract)
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
3 cups Organic flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar together on medium speed for 1 minute.....or 2.
3. On medium speed, beat in the egg, vanilla, the other extract of your choice, baking powder and salt.
4. Add flour to the mix 1 cup at a time, beating until combined after each cup that you add. 5. Divide your dough into two balls. Lightly flour your rolling pin so it will not stick. Roll your dough to about 1/4" on a piece of parchment paper. Use your cookie press to make the cookies.
6. Line cookie sheets with clean parchment. Place cookies on parchment and bake at 350 F. for 6-8 minutes depending on your oven.
7. Remove parchment from pan and allow cookies to cool.
DO NOT DISTURB the cookies until they cool and set
Leave a message for us in the comments below and let us know what you think. Have you used a cookie press before? Do you think they are something that you would try in your baking?
*This post contains affiliate links.*