- A trip to the mountains to enjoy the beautiful colors of this season
- Have family story hour. Pick a book to enjoy as a family and read through it aloud
- Go for bike rides
- Work on a thankful tree (you can find great ideas on Pinterest for this)
- Visit museums or other historical places
- Make a movie theater in the backyard
- Make Thanksgiving cards to send to family and friends
- Sit on the porch with hot cocoa and watch the sunset
- Rake leaves into piles and the jump in them
- Stargazing (you can find constellation print outs online)
- Pick apples at the orchard
- Go trail riding
- Begin delving into the history of Thanksgiving with your family (Here is a great book)
- Put together a Thanksgiving production (this would be especially fun if you live near a lot of family. Just round up all the cousins and put together a short play to be performed when the family gathers for Thanksgiving)
- Make pinecone garland (super easy, all you need is twine and pine-cones)
- Go to a pumpkin farm
- Carve pumpkins together
- Build a scarecrow
20 Things To Do With Your Family This Fall
Last year we had the wonderful opportunity to visit Sea World, for the first time in many years. As always it wasn't a letdown! ...
Sea World has to be one of my favorite places! I love how magical it is, like being a kid... anything could happen. I've been here tw...
Darling it's better, down where it's wetter, under the sea. Admit it. You heard Sebastian from little mermaid's voice in your...